Senior Backend Engineer
Quidax is looking for...
We’re not looking for people who know all the answers. We want people who can think creatively and are not afraid to bring up new ideas, tools, systems and technologies. To help handle the scale and resilience of our infrastructure.
The problems we solve are meaningful, exciting and constantly evolving. You’ll work together with other engineers in a fast-paced, agile platform, to build reliable, secure and efficient applications in the cloud. Your code will make it easy for customers to send crypto value with no stress. Our engineering team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer ready for the challenge of delivering great products to our users.
What you will do:
- Develop the next generation of Quidax exchange solutions at 80x the current scale
- Maintain and develop a service-oriented backend
- Analyze and identify bottlenecks in performance and optimize accordingly
- Work with a stellar team of engineers to build highly scalable and resilient applications and infrastructure, that serve millions of users
- Participate in our agile/scrum process
- Support your fellow developers; proactively communicate, document, unit-test, and peer review
- Collaborate with frontend and DevOps engineers to add support for complex user interfaces both on the web and mobile while also supporting with the deployment of new services and databases
- Work as a team to ensure everyone meets their goals
- Make the world a better place by making it easy to send money and value across the globe and with no hassle.
Skills you’ll need to Have:
- 4+ years experience developing complex scalable applications while following best practices and coding standards
- Solid interpersonal and management skills to coordinate a project
- Familiarity with Cryptocurrencies, Defi, Staking and the Crypto ecosystem
- Execution focused with an ability to navigate ambiguity
- Solid work experience using AWS technologies (ECS, Lambda, S3, RDS, ElasticBeanStalk)
- Ability and eagerness to quickly grasp other languages (Ruby on Rails, Python)
- Good experience in building production REST and GraphQL APIs
- Experience in at least one or more relational databases such as MySQL, Postgres etc
- Experience with in-memory stores and document-based NoSQL (Redis, Elasticsearch, MongoDB)
- Comfortable troubleshooting and debugging problems full-stack in a distributed environment
- Experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills
- A zeal for working with the latest technologies and expanding your skillset
- General can-do attitude and willingness to tackle any project that helps make Quidax successful
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field, or equivalent work experience
About Pay and Benefits:
We pay competitively in the Nigerian market for the matched experience and role.
Our benefits include health insurance, unlimited leave days, amazing culture 🤯 and also a front-row seat to the biggest thing in finance in the last 100 years. You also have a company that cares about you and your well being, wants to do everything to ensure that your life inside and outside work is the most satisfying it can be.